Samuel Entsua

February 19, 2015

13 CHARACTERISTICS OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON (Psalm 15)


All Christians are supposed to be righteous, which is however a known truth in the Kingdom of God. But mostly the question has been: how do I become righteous? or how can I live righteously? or the ultimate question; how do you know a righteous person? I am not going to give you steps of becoming righteous lest you say I have given you a law. In this write-up I am going list thirteen (13) characteristics of a righteous person which David mentioned in Psalm 15.
Here we go,
  1.  A righteous person lives a blameless life or walks uprightly 
  2. Someone who is righteous works righteousness 
  3. Righteous people speak the truth from their heart 
  4. They refuse to gossip or backbite 
  5. They refuse to do evil to their neighbour 
  6. Righteous people do not accept criticisms or shame from others concerning their neighbours 
  7. Righteous people refuse to speak bad things about their neighbours or friends 
  8. A righteous person stays away from flagrant sinners 
  9. A righteous individual honours those who fear the Lord 
  10. They keep their promises or oaths or vows at all cost 
  11. A righteous person does not lend money at an exorbitant rate of interest 
  12. They refuse to take bribes 
  13. A righteous person protects the innocent at all times

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour. In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

I trust that these important qualities from David’s Psalm impart your life so that you manifest the righteousness that deserves to enter into the eternal Kingdom of God. For with these characteristics one shall not be tossed to-and-fro by politics, media, bad friends, bad memories, Satan and etc

Related Resources


Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows: 
 By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach 
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.

5 comments:

  1. First of all I want too say wonderful blog! I had a
    quick question thaat I'd like to ask if you don't mind. I was interested to find ouut how you center
    yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I've had
    a hard time clearing my thoughts inn getting my thoughts out.
    I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes arre usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how
    to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to every body, it's my firsst viisit of this web
    site; this blog consusts of remarkable and in fact good stuff designed for readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this boad and I find It really useful
    & it helped mee out a lot. I'm hoping to offer something again and
    aid others like you aided me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There. I discovered your weblog the usage
    of msn. This is a really smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to
    learn more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
    I will certainly comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this characteristics ..it really helped me in teaching others too

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...