Samuel Entsua

May 22, 2014

12 THINGS I WILL NOT DO IF I WERE YOU




I do not wish to set any parameters for anyone for I am equally not perfect but only desire to help you draw nearer and nearer to our Blessed Christ. What I am about to share with you are things which are in conformity to the Word of God and very expedient for quality Christian living. These are nevertheless things I have learned by experience as a Christian, a pastor and a counselor. I trust God that these lessons would transform your life.

      If I were you, 

  1. I will not gossip about anyone.  “Anyone who spreads gossip is a fool.” (Prov. 10:18, GNT) 
  2. I will not deny the existence of God. “Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!” (Psa. 14:1, NLT) 
  3. I will not flatter anyone.  “A man who flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his own feet.” (Prov. 29:5, AMP) 
  4.  I will not dishonour my parents, the elderly, teachers or lecturers including parliamentarians. “Honor (esteem and value as precious) your father and your mother — this is the first commandment with a promise” (Eph. 6:2, AMP) 
  5. I will not tell lies. “Lying lips are extremely disgusting and hateful to the Lord…” (Prov. 12:22, AMP) 
  6. I will not fornicate or commit adultery. “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.” (Heb. 13:4, NASB) 
  7.   I will not be proud. “Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord…” (Prov. 16:5, KJV) 
  8.  I will not insult anyone. “I’m telling you that anyone who…Carelessly call a brother ‘idiot!’ and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell ‘stupid!’ at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.” (Matt. 5:22, The Message) 
  9. I will not commit abortion. “Also on your skirts is found the lifeblood of the persons of the innocent …” (Jer. 2:34, AMP) 
  10. I will not eat too much or take to alcohol. “For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.” (Prov. 23:21, KJV) 
  11. I will not be lazy. “…be lazy and never succeed.” (Prov. 12:24, TLB) 
  12. I will not cheat. “The Lord hates people who cheat.” (Deut. 25:16, GNT)

These are simple things that should characterize the lifestyle of a Christian. I heard some preachers say this, “All it matters is that you are born again because once saved forever saved. Your sin cannot bring condemnation on you. As far as you are born again you shall go to heaven.” This is directly against the Gospel of Christ. Take a look at this verse “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 7:21, KJV) Jesus says only those who do the will of His Father will inherit the Kingdom of heaven, not those who say they are born again. None of the above is the will of the Father. Please be careful what you believe. The fact that we are not under the law does not give us any right to live lawlessly. Here is the truth: “If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29, NASB) The truth is that God wants us to practice or work righteousness out of the imputed righteousness of Christ. Don’t do these! Practice righteousness!

Recommended for you
6 Characteristics of persistent people
How to enter into the Kingdom of God
6 Cult theories concerning sin

Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows: 
By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach 
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.

1 comment:

  1. really great a truth.really touched by the contents of this spirit filled message.GOD expects us to work or practise righteousness out of the imputed righteousness of Christ.BELOVED you cannot live your life anyhow and anyway.let us do the will of the Father by the help of the HOLY SPIRIT.AMEN

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...