Samuel Entsua

January 09, 2017

30 CHARLES SPURGEON QUOTES


Charles Haddon Spurgeon, the Prince of preachers has made enormous impact in Christendom. His life and teaching has inspired many. I have read several of his books and I still do. The more I read the more I get blessed by his inspired words. Today I am sharing a few of his statements from various which will be a great blessing to you.

  1. By perseverance the snail reached the ark.
  2. I thought I could have leaped from the earth to heaven at one spring when I first saw my sins drowned in the Redeemer’s blood.
  3. This day, my God, I hate sin not because it damns me, but because it has done Thee wrong. To have grieved my God is the worst grief to me.
  4. Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.
  5. Prayer is not a hard requirement – it is the natural duty of a creature, to its creator,     the simplest homage that human need can pay to divine liberality.
  6. If we give God Service It must be because He gives us grace. We work for Him because He works in us.
  7. I don’t think the devil cares how many churches you build, if only you have lukewarm preachers and people in them.
  8. I am certain that to preach the wrath of God with a hard heart, a cold lip, a tearless eye, and an unfeeling spirit is to harden men, not benefit them.
  9. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
  10. The Lord gets his best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction.
  11. Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.
  12. God is too good to be unkind and He is too wise to be mistaken. And when we cannot trace His hand, we must trust His heart.
  13. Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years.
  14. The way to do a great deal is to keep on doing a little. The way to do nothing at all is to be continually resolving that you will do everything.
  15. Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life. Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend.
  16. Beware of no man more than of yourself; we carry our worst enemies within us.
  17. Of two evils, choose neither.
  18. Learn to say no. It will be of more use to you than to be able to read Latin.
  19. None are more unjust in their judgments of others than those who have a high opinion of themselves.
  20. Must is a hard nut to crack, but it has a sweet kernel.
  21. Sin may drag thee ever so low, but Christ's great atonement is still under all.
  22. Doubt not his grace because of thy tribulation, but believe that he loveth thee as much in seasons of trouble as in times of happiness.
  23. If Christ is not all to you He is nothing to you. He will never go into partnership as a part Savior of men. If He be something He must be everything, and if He be not everything He is nothing to you.
  24. Humility is to make a right estimate of oneself.
  25. Christians can never sin cheaply; they pay a heavy price for iniquity. Transgression destroys peace of mind, obscures fellowship with Jesus, hinders prayer, brings darkness over the soul; therefore, be not the serf and bondman of sin.
  26. You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.
  27. We are not responsible to God for the souls that are saved, but we are responsible for the Gospel that is preached, and for the way in which we preach it.
  28. Saving faith is an immediate relation to Christ, accepting, receiving, resting upon Him alone, for justification, and eternal life by virtue of God’s grace.
  29. Train a child the way he should go – but be sure you go that way yourself.
  30. I would go to the deeps a hundred times to cheer a downcast spirit. It is good for me to have been afflicted, that I might know how to speak a word in season to one that is weary.


Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows: 
 By Samuel Entsua ©2014-2017 Christ for Humanity Outreach 
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyper-link to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Samuel E. Entsua-Mensah.

1 comment:

  1. I am lucky that I observed this website, just the right information that I was
    looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is very appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...