Samuel Entsua

October 10, 2014

POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS


       One day I wanted to praise and worship God before I sleep. Knowing what kind of dreams God gives me when sleep I usually worship before I sleep. I wanted that night to be no exception. God normally shows me such wonderful things as casting out devils, visions of angels and events of the future.   
 
        With this in mind, I started the worship but I was too tired to pray for even five minutes. So I fell asleep. Deep in the night, I felt demonic forces around me. I could hear demonic sounds and cries of animals such as frogs, goats and sheep all at once in my house. I also felt demons press my face onto the mat on which I laid. I was literally under an attack. Though I was in the same room with some relatives, I believe nobody else heard what I heard or felt what I felt.
         But by the Grace of God, during this moment that I could do nothing to deliver myself I heard myself mention the glorious name – JESUS! The utterance came such that nobody heard it. Immediately all the pressure on me and the voices I could hear ceased. “Oh you demons! You should have continued with your activities. You could not stand that wonderful, great, awesome and powerful name – JESUS!” is what I said to myself.
          There is a song common in Ghana especially in the Pentecostal churches which when translated goes like this;
There is power (3X)
In the blood of JESUS
           I sang this song throughout the night by replacing the ‘blood’ with ‘name’. So my version of the song became;
There is power (3X)
In the name of JESUS

            O at that helpless moment, God – our loving Father, graciously and practically showed me the power in the name of Jesus. Glory to God, for this wonderful name that gives us victory over the devil and his cohorts.

[Written by Isaac Quaye]

Any reproductions from this site must include a proper acknowledgement as follows: 
 By S. E. Entsua-Mensah. ©2014 Christ for Humanity Outreach 
You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above should be approved by Christ for Humanity Outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is very appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...